Prayer For Help

By

KIRTI PANDEY

This story is dedicated to all the Artisans at the Grassroot Level.

As we all know that people all over the World are like a Family and God acts as the Parent of all. We have to start with small steps to help the Artisans to grow at the Grassroot Level, especially the women. In small cities, the dominating Men give a narrow-minded attention to working women.

Mahatma Gandhi was a great Champion who advocated for the Upliftment and Empowerment of Women so that they could earn a decent livelihood in a dignified manner. I would support this by a great example - Gandhi Ji during his 214 days stay from April 1, 1946 to June 1947 in the Harijan Basti at Mandir Marg in New Delhi, he introduced “Spinning of Charkha” for the first time in Delhi and the womenfolk from the walled City of Chandni Chowk adopted it as a Swadeshi movement and also found a source of livelihood in bargain.

In this context, I would like to narrate the story of a poor lady namely Geeta from Gujarat. She was living with her husband Mohan and had two little kids. They had no source of income for livelihood. The family was caught in distress during the Pandemic Situation and Struggled for Survival. Geeta was talented and was a skilled Artisan. She made beautiful Handicraft items based on Gujrati Designs- such as Cloth Bags, Bed sheets, Small bags, Pillow Covers, Handmade Carpets and numerous other domestic items.  They had no place to display and Sell their Products to Earn their livelihood. All the Handcrafted Products, especially cloth bags with Gujarati motifs and patterns were available at very reasonable rates, but there was no one to purchase the items. Geeta decided to come to Delhi to present the Handicraft Products produced by her team of Local Artisans.

One day, as I was going on a routine walk around 6.00 pm, I met Geeta. She narrated her woes and the grim conditions and how difficult she was finding to manage her livelihood and started crying. Geeta was extremely depressed as she narrated her pathetic condition in the Pandemic Situation. I consoled Geeta and promised to help her Sell the items on Humanitarian Grounds.  I told her that I can’t purchase a large number of products, but I can appeal to others to buy and spread the message around.  I convinced her that people who would understand her situation would definitely purchase her Handicraft Items, so that she could earn a decent income and comfortably settle down.   

This small initiative developed from an Emotional Human understanding towards the Women Artisans.  

By narrating the story of Geeta, I want to promote Entrepreneurship, Empowerment, and above all financial literacy among womens. I wish to give a message to our social environment that never discard the hard work done by the Artisans at the Grassroot Level; and their skills and talent need to be recognized and supported for their upliftment.

For example- I am a loyal customer of Fab India and Khadi Gram Udyog. I purchase a lot of household and personal products, the foremost reason behind my motive is to support the Poor Artisans at the Grassroot Level especially the womens. I as a lone customer will be able to generate a very little support and we need more people to buy the Handicraft items produced by the Local Artisans. I think Fab India and Khadi Gram Udyog is doing a great work by supporting women in their entrepreneurship. I cannot compare my small role as a lone customer buying their products. I am a common person, but I could do some good work.

I believe in the equality of women and their empowerment. Sometimes, I don’t get enough time for worship. An idea struck my mind- why can’t I worship for a little initiative. God will also be happy and my worship will also be fulfilled. In this regard, I don’t want to literally beg people to support my ideology. In India, there are many people who have no talent or capability. There are a lot of Geetas and I want to Appeal to all to support women like her.

I am Emotionally involved in such real-life incidents and Geeta (name changed) is just one among the many who suffer to find a foothold to survive.

So, if people who genuinely wish to support this small initiative to help women like Geeta, then please drop an email to me on humanemotions67@gmail.com & Whatsapp No. is 09654991500 to understand the plight of the poor Artisans and help their cause to reduce their problems. This is a PRAYER FOR HELP and we have a huge collection of handmade household goods, which are reasonably priced. I can arrange the same once the order is placed. Hope your little humanitarian support will help in the fulfillment of my worship, which will go a long way to rehabilitate the Local Artisans.  I will Produce a Broachers to coordinate with these Grasroot Artisan like Geeta,s and other Artisan.

 

Thanks,

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog