UNDERSTANDING HUMAN
EMOTIONS TO EMULATE HUMAN DEEDS
Project Title :- Prayer for Humanitarian Support
to the Artisans
Kirti Pandey
The objective of my Humanitarian Mission is preparing
a Platform for the Artisans working the Grassroots Level. I wish to
initiate small steps to help the Artisans to unite and grow on this platform especially the Women.
So, appreciate and encourage the
hard work of all these Artisans and redeem their lives by contributing your
worth acting upon my “Prayer For Help”. When you love all that you are
and others of your likes, unconditionally, life reflects more good things back
to you. When we lose sight of what's most important for others—loving ourselves
more and caring about our own needs—we lose sight of our goals and dreams and
attract only Unhappiness and Diseases.
I Appeal to all the talented Artisans
to respect their work and recognize their self with the skills inside them. The common belief is that you people
at the Grassroots have amazing talent, but fail to get the Deserving Recognition.
We all are like a family, but why we can’t
love each other and generate equality? Until we respect each other’s
inherent talent and quality, we will never be able to fight the evil forces and
face obstacles in life; and vested interests will play with our emotions and
crush the artisans inside us.
In the above context, I
want to give you an example citing the life of Mahatma Gandhi who was a
great champion of equality for women. He advocated for the Upliftment and
Empowerment of women so that they could earn a decent livelihood in a dignified
manner. This is proved by Gandhi Ji’s by his 214 days long stay in the
Harijan Basti at Mandir Marg in New Delhi from April 1, 1946 to June 1947, where
he introduced the “Spinning of Charkha”
for the first time in Delhi and the womenfolk from the walled city of Chandni
Chowk adopted it as a Swadeshi movement and also found a source of livelihood
in bargain.
This
initiative came to my mind and I thought to formulate this Humanitarian Project
“Prayer for Humanitarian
Support to the Artisans “when I was going on a
routine evening walk. That’s when I met Geeta. She narrated her woes and the
grim conditions and how difficult she was finding to manage her livelihood and
started crying. Geeta was extremely depressed as she narrated her pathetic
condition in the pandemic situation.
The poor lady namely
Geeta was from Gujarat. She was living with her husband Mohan and had two
little kids. They had no source of income for livelihood. The family was caught
in distress during the pandemic situation and struggled for survival. Geeta was talented and was a skilled artisan. She made
beautiful handicraft items based on Gujrati designs- such as Cloth Bags,
Bed sheets, Small bags, Pillow Covers, Handmade Carpets and numerous other
domestic items. They had no place to display and sell their Products to
earn their livelihood. All the handcrafted Products, especially cloth bags with
Gujarati motifs and patterns were available at very reasonable rates, but there
was no one to purchase the items. Geeta decided to come to Delhi to present the
handicraft products produced by her team of local artisans.
I told her that I can’t
purchase a large number of her products, but I can only appeal to others to buy
and spread the message around. I convinced her that people who would
understand her situation would definitely purchase her handicraft items, so
that she could earn a decent income and comfortably settle down.
Thus,
this small initiative of mine gradually developed from an Emotional Human
understanding towards the Women Artisans.
After that I decided that
by narrating the story of Geeta, I would promote Entrepreneurship, Empowerment,
and above all financial literacy among other women. I want to give a message to
our social environment that never discard the hard work done by the artisans at
the grassroots level; and their skills and talent need to be recognized and
encouraged to raise support for their upliftment.
Then
I visited continuously to different locations where these artisans were
available with their products in the streets of Delhi. I started to purchase lots
of household and personal products; for myself and created an awareness among
the people about this. The foremost reason behind my motive is to support the Poor
Artisans at the grassroots level especially the women. I as a lone customer,
will only be able to generate a very little support and we need more people to
buy the handicraft items produced by the Local Artisans. So I decided to give shape
to my project “Prayer for Humanitarian
Support to the Artisans “.
There
is a vision connected our belief system. I believe in the equality
of women and their empowerment. Sometimes, we don’t get enough time for worship.
Why can’t we pray for larger Humanitarian Support for a little initiative? God
will also be Happy and Worship will also be fulfilled. In this regard, in
India, there are many people who have talent and have enormous capabilities.
There are lot of Geetas and I want to appeal to all to support other women like
her.
The Grassroot Artisans
having lots of collection portraying their hard work have migrated to Delhi from
other states. Though the government have given them space for displaying their
handicraft items for selling, but the license/cost of the acquiring the space
is too high, and that’s why the artisans are uncomfortable and don’t get the
profitable margin even after the sales. The high license fee devour their
profits and the objective to encourage the artisans and raise their standard of
life get defeated.
I am
emotionally involved in the upliftment of the artisans and coordinating with
the artisans at the grassroot level and doing everything in my capacity to find
a market for their beautiful handicraft items. I’m a witness to real-life
incidents and get to see how these artisans suffer to find a foothold to
survive.
So, if people who
genuinely wish to support this small initiative to help women like Geeta, and
other artisans, and
drop a message on humanemotions92@gmail.com- Whatsapp- 8585952857to understand the
plight of the poor artisans and help their cause to redeem their lives. This is
a ““Prayer for Humanitarian
Support to the Artisans “. I hope that a little humanitarian support from
everyone will help in the fulfillment of my objective, which will go a long way
to rehabilitate the local artisans and of other states.
Comments